A Year of Many Accomplishments
We want to take this opportunity to thank our tenants, allies, friends… really everyone for all their efforts throughout the year and our many triumphs. The level of success attained in 2019 by TexAmericas Center is built on the efforts of our Board of Directors, employees, Partners in Development and contractors over many previous years. Thank you for the commitment that each one of you has shown our organization and the Texarkana region.
With everyone’s help and dedication, we’ve come through a year that was filled with both challenges and victories. How reassuring it is to know that we can count on all of you regardless of the circumstances we face. On behalf of the staff of TexAmericas Center, please allow me to extend my personal and genuine appreciation to each and every one of you for the valuable contributions you make to this organization and the impact they have on the Texarkana region. Working with you this past year has been a pleasure and we’re proud to have you all with us.
We offer our best wishes and happiness to you and your families in the new year. With your continued support, we all look forward to a successful 2020!
- Over 56% growth in non-RRAD jobs on TAC over the last five years
- Over 30% net growth in tenants over the last five years
- Nine new tenants in 2019
- Added two new industries
- Supplement Production
- Cyber Security
- Attracted companies from:
- Over 69% growth in total leased space over the last five years
- Total leased space now exceeds 1,000,000sf
- Closed second largest lease ever in 2019 – 177,000sf, 3-year lease with a 1-year option
- Finished making a $2.25m infrastructure improvements that:
- Made 1500 acres shovel ready on TAC East Campus
- Opened a 270,000sf complex of buildings for redevelopment
- Leased over 200,000sf of complex in six months in 2019
- Signed contracts to perform $1.6m of improvements to occupied buildings
- Won two federal grants to assess and remediate two buildings making way for future redevelopment
- Added transload services to the property
- Added multiple incentives to our offerings, including:
- Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) Agreements
- Texas Enterprise Zone
- Texas Reinvestment Zone
- Goods-In-Transit Tax Abatement Agreements
- Staff Development:
- Eric Voyles and Jeff Whitten attended IEDC Real Estate Development & Reuse Seminar held in Florida
- Jeff Whitten attended on-going training to retain his PE license
- Devon McCloskey began training to receive her certification as an Admin Assistant
- Holly Sleek completed CPE training through Wolters Kluwer
The legislative actions that took place in 2019 on behalf of TexAmericas Center were substantive changes that will forever change the operations of TexAmericas Center and the fortunes of the Texarkana area. We specifically want to say thank you to the individuals and entities that had the faith in our efforts to support our labors to create quality jobs by providing TexAmericas Center with the ability to offer and grant job creating incentives. Specifically, thank you for your support Bowie County, Bowie County Assessor’s Office, Texarkana College, New Boston ISD, Hooks ISD, Leary ISD, Redwater ISD and Maud ISD. Also, thank you to Senator Bryan Hughes and Representative Gary VanDeaver and their staffs for all their work to make these changes happen.
The pipeline for 2020 looks promising so wish us luck as we continue to redevelop the property and pursue quality jobs for the Texarkana region.
About TexAmericas Center
Located in the Texarkana metropolitan area, TexAmericas Center owns and operates one of the largest mixed use industrial parks in the United States. With roughly 12,000 development ready acres of land and about 3 million square feet of commercial and industrial product, TexAmericas Center services the four states (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas) markets. Texas is the #1 state for business in the United States of America because of its regulatory environment, tax policies, and workforce quality along with exceptional educational resources, infrastructure, and quality of living. Founded in 1997, TexAmericas Center has the operating capabilities of a municipality but functions more like a traditional real estate development company, offering customized real estate solutions. In addition to controlling our own zoning and permitting processes and sustaining the life cycle of public infrastructure on the complex, TAC has the capability to lease, build-to-suit, or facilitate Greenfield owner-constructed projects in a timely and efficient manner. At TAC, we streamline leasing and manage government development processes all through a single point of contact. Our customers benefit from faster market entry by resolving zoning, permitting, inspection, and state and local incentive programs solely through our organization. Additionally, the Texas Economic Development Council (TEDC) designated a 101 acre site on TexAmericas Center’s central campus as the first S.T.A.R. Site in Texas (Sites That Are Ready for construction to begin), advancing speed to market for our customers. Tenants of TexAmericas Center tend to be private business owners and corporations seeking flexible and cost effective space solutions.
If you would like more information about this topic or TexAmericas Center, please contact Eric Voyles at 903.223.9841 or via email